DIRECTORY OF POLICIES FOR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES AND FAMILY (DPEOF)
It is responsible to the formulation and development of policies and programs in order to promote gender equality in society, prevent and combat violence against women, including domestic violence, protection from discrimination due to sexual orientation and protection of children’s rights.
Sector for Gender Equality and Measures Against Domestic Violence
Mission: to promote gender equality and broad participation in economic, social, political and cultural life, and formulate and develop policies which prevent and reduce domestic violence, and gender-based violence.
- The formulation and development of policies and programs promoting gender equality in society, preventing and combating violence against women, including domestic violence, protection from discrimination due to sexual orientation.
- The compilation and improvement of legislation on gender equality, violence against women, including domestic violence, non-discrimination due to sexual orientation in accordance with the current situation and international obligations.
- The collection and analysis of statistical information needed for gender equality and the status of women in Albania in order to draft reports. Monitoring the implementation of international agreements in this area approved by Government.
- The cooperation with NGOs which are active in the area of gender equality
- and the fight against domestic violence. It is scheduled measures for capacity building for all stakeholders at central and local level which are involved with issues of gender equality and domestic violence.
Sector for Child Protection Rights
Mission: to protect and ensure children’s rights through policy formulation and improve the existing legal framework.
- The formulation and development of policies and programs to protect and ensure children's rights.
- The compilation and improvement of legislation to protect and ensure children's rights in accordance with the current situation and international obligations.
- The implementation of concrete steps and necessary measures in order to coordinate the activities of directorate with various institutions, central and local authorities for children’s issues, international organizations or non-profit organizations that have obligations or operate in the area of children’s right protection.
- The contribution to eliminate all forms of discrimination or punishment to the child and to respect the responsibilities, rights and duties that parents / legal representatives or state authorities have towards the child.
- The contribution to develop and implement awareness programs regarding the recognition and protection of children's rights.